Saturday, July 11, 2009

Walmart for cakesters

Somebody bought all the cakesters at Kmart this week, and with the packing of the school lunches looming over my head, I decided to check out Walmart. Indeed the cakesters were on sale, and I snatched up a couple other items I had coupons for.
  • 6 Cakesters $2 each, used $1 MQ for each as well
  • 9 Tide single load size (in trial size section) 0.97 each, used $1 MQ each
  • Fiber $7.24 no coupon
  • Ranch fries $2.48, got coupon in mail to try for free
  • 2 Crunch and Munch $1 each, $1/2 MQ

Subtotal for all of the above was $32.45, and after coupons I paid $15.23 for everything. The cashier did override the coupon for the Tide down to 0.97 each so I did not make anything on those. It is helpful to check if there is a size limit when looking at coupons. The Tide coupons that came out last weekend did not exclude a trial size bottle.

We have a front load washing machine and what we do is either use 1/2 to 1/3 less soap than a normal load, or we water down the soap we have. (before you correct me, the salesman for this appliance reassured me this was ok if I wasn't buying the HE soap). Anywho, we will open a few of these babies and add water. We have been doing this for a looooong time and our clothes clean up and smell just fine thank you very much. Another way to be frugal!

No comments:

Post a Comment