Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Target run



I had to break it up into two pictures, AND there are a few things that didn't make it into the pictures. Here is the breakdown so you can see how I did it.

2 plastic juice cups for school luches $1.45 ea
1 Cascade Rinse $3.64, MQ to get free
1 Bounce dryer bar $3.79, $2.50 MQ
10 All laundry detergent $1.17, $1 MQ on each
18 Tide laundry detergent $1.12, $1 MQ on each
12 Olay bar soap $0.97, $1 MQ on each
2 Chips Deluxe cookies $1.99 each, used $1/2 MQ, and $2 off milk MQ (free milk!)
2 Rice Krispie treats $1.75 ea, $1/2 MQ
10 PopTarts boxes, $1.46 each, $1/2 MQ plus $0.75 target coupon each ($0.21 each!)
4 Nutrigrain bars $2.39 each, $1/2 MQ plus $4 off Coffee MQ (free coffee)
1 Granola bars $1.44, $0.50 target coupon
2 Yogos snack $1.75, $1/2 MQ plus $0.50 target coupon
1 True delight bars $2.74, $1 MQ
2 packs Bic pencils $1.24, $1/2 MQ plus $1/2 target coupon
2 more BIC pencils $1, $1/2 MQ plus $1/2 target coupon
3 4-packs of notebooks $0.60 each
4 A1 sauce $2.09 each, $2 MQ off each plus 2x $2 off meat (not pictured) with purchase MQ
1 Kraft BBQ sauce $1.24, got free when buying something else
2 Parmesan cheese $3.49 each, $1 MQ plus got $3 free pasta when you buy 2 cheese
10 single packs cereal $1 each, $1 target coupon for each
1 Log Cabin syrup $3.39, $1 MQ
1 Mrs. butterworth syrup $2.84, $1 MQ
2 Quacker to go bars $2.50 each
2 Mott's applesauce $2.19, $0.50 each IP
2 Dole pineapple $0.77 each, $0.50 MQ
2 Honeydew melons (not pictured) $1.99 each, were free after Kraft purchase
4 Eggo Waffles $1.79 each, $1/2 MQ plus $2 in free bread MQ

As you can see, lots of freebies and many cheap items as well. I see that I was overcharged $3.64 where something rang twice. I will take that receipt with me next time I visit to get a refund.

My total was well over $180, but after coupons it was $63.46 with a savings of $136.75 per my receipt! That's a lot of coupons!

11 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Are you shopping in Sun Prairie or Madison?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my last two trips to Target I have been overcharged. Once I was charged twice for one item and the last time I was there I was charged three times for one item!! Fortunately for me I checked my receipt in the car before I left the parking lot because the balance seemed high - I was overcharged by $20 the last trip! Still a pain though when you have your kids with you to go back in the store and get a refund. Now I doublecheck every receipt with each trip to Target.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra I am just plain envious of you. You need to have a class on couponing. Some of us just can't get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time I was at Target, they would not let me use the coupon on the olay bars and Tide. It is definately the clerk as I had never had that problem before. Also would not let me use cereal coupons for $1.
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so envious of you! I think you should hold a class on couponing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I shop Target, I go to the Sun Prairie store. I've had such good luck there and it is a little closer for me.

    Heather, I am looking into doing a class. I have to call MATC as they may let me do one there. I will announce on the blog if/when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will bring my extra coupons to the class:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anybody want any Target coupons for charmin and bounty they expire the 31st?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time responding to your incredible blog. I read the article about you in the Daily Register and have been hooked since. Thanks for the heads up on Target, I never thought they had very good deals but you changed my mind there. I went last week and received 2 $5 gift cards and used lots of coupons. My question for you is: How many coupons do you have and where do they all come from? Do people give them to you? The things you have coupons for I've never seen. Thanks for the heads up on the State Journal, I'll be checking into that. By the way, if you offer a class, I'll be there. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first time ever responding to a blog. I read the article about you in the Daily Register and I've been hooked since. Thanks for the heads up with Target. I never thought they had very good deals but you've changed my mind. I went there last week and received 2 $5 gift cards and used lots of coupons. My question to you is: Where do you get all of your coupons? Do people give them to you? I've never seen some of the coupons you have. Thank you also for the heads up on the State Journal, I've been considering a subscription and the price hike made my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get the majority of my coupons from the newspaper. I also look for internet coupons on several of the blogs I follow. I do get multiple copies of the coupons in the paper, from a neighbor, my dad and coworkers. Don't forget that Target has their own coupons too that you can "stack" with a manufacture coupon.

    Thanks for leaving a message on the blog! I welcome the input. I hope I answered your question.

    ReplyDelete