Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Walgreen's coupon scenario

I stopped by yesterday with a plan of attack. I had all three kids with me, so I knew I needed to be organized. My plan was altered slightly due to an item being out of stock, but I quickly recovered. Here is what went down....

2 Cereal 2/$5, used $1/2 MQ
2 Nutrigrain bars 2/$5, Used $1/2 MQ
1 Cheeze its crackers $1
6 Skippy peanut butter $2each, used $0.75/2 MQ
2 Ragu $2, $1/2 IP
2 Poptarts $2, used $1/2 MQ
1 doz eggs $0.99

After coupons my total was $25.74, then I used the $5/$25 purchase. Then I paid $20.74 out of pocket and got the following register rewards:

$2 kelloggs cereal
$5 Kellogg's poptarts/nutrigrain
$10 Skippy and Ragu

Essentially, I got all the above food for a net of $3.74 which is an awesome deal. Now that Walgreen's decided to extend that deal, I may just go back again!

3 comments:

  1. ERRR, I went to Walgreen's this morning, wish I had known about the coupon being extended but might go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back but still spent $30:| with coupon but got $8 in RR:)

    ReplyDelete