Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pierce's 3-27-09


Here's my weekly grocery round up.

Yes mom, the Ketchup is yours~I'm holding your mail hostage. Due to overwhelming requests, I will list the good deals, coupons, and where I got them! All coupons come from the weekend newspaper unless noted. Here goes:

4 box Minute Rice 50 cent MQ (manufacture coupon)
4 Old Orchard Juice $1 each on sale, $1 off 4 coupon from a mailer
Fisher Sunflower seeds $1 off MQ
Country Crock 50 cents MQ
Oreos $1 off when you buy milk

The rest were part of their ad sales. I got canned veggies, apples, lettuce, tomatoes, Ketchup, syrup, bagels and chips.

Grand total was $40.54. Total saved with coupons and ad prices was $20.70.

Best of all, we are under budget for food again, although I do have another trip to walmart that I will post shortly. Even with the next trip, under budget for food this month! I think I will continue this budget amount for another month to see how I do.

How did you do? Leave me a post, and sign you name so I can acknowledge you!

P.S. Not one of my boys in the picture, it is a friend's child!

4 comments:

  1. Did not think that boy looked like someone I knew. I will be there Thursday unless before-ok?? Good job. AM TRYING pICK n sAVE DOUBLES THIS WEEK-am doing 2 orders for $50 in groceries for $5 dollars!- I hope. Sentry lost me!
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to comment again that you could serve your family better by not buying processed foods, soda and candy. Life is better with food made with simple ingredients. Local, organic vegetables and fruit, whole grains and organic free range meats. If you can't pronounce the ingredients, beware. If it has high fructose corn syrup, stay away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate all the comments. I would like to point out there are a variety of fresh fruits and veggies on this weekly grocery trip. I think it's great if you can buy local and organic, but every family is different and entitled to their own choices. Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comment that eating locally is a great option. However, I think you are doing a great job feeding your family for less and making your financial security a priority too. I am sure you will get much more organic/produce items as the weather improves! I know you do lots of gardening:)

    ReplyDelete