Saturday, May 23, 2009

Week of groceries

And finally, the weekly grocery trip including a few items for a cookout this weekend. I was able to stock up on a few things thanks to the rebate from Unilever for $18 I got on Thursday! I think I did an awesome job on this trip considering I had three boys aged 5 and under with me...what was I thinking? I went $1.12 over budget which is easily accounted for in the 3 bottles of single serve orange juice and kit kat bar for guess who??
  • 8 hot dogs 1.25 each, $1/2 MQ
  • tortilla chips BOGO
  • 3 packs bagels 1.25 each
  • Velveeta block 3.74, $1 MQ
  • bread
  • 4 various kraft cheese 3/4.98, $1/2 IP
  • Sausage links 0.99
  • baked beans 2/3 (I know they are cheaper at Walmart now)
  • sunflower seeds 2.69, $1 MQ
  • 3-3lb packs of ground beef 1.98/lb
  • 6 Philly cream cheese 0.99, $1/2 IP
  • Hot dog buns
  • bananas, green beans, watermelon tomatoes etc etc

My total out of pocket was $74.12, with a coupon/ad savings of $55.71. Like I said, when you are with three 'helpers' it was pretty good. How did you do this week? Where/what are the deals you found this week? Let me know so I can share with others!

Thanks to Amy S. for running to Pig for me this week, and Thairn for meticulously figuring out the best deal on charcoal (Kmart)!

No comments:

Post a Comment