Friday, November 27, 2009

Reader Success Story



Today for my Frugal Friday submission, I'd like to feature one of my readers (and friend) Gina. Gina heard my talk at the MOPS meeting in September and decided to try out this couponing thing. Here's what her email said....

I am attaching a picture of my first real attempt at "couponing" (is that even a word?).

In case you can't tell from the picture, here is what I got:

6 boxes of Kellogg's cereal
2 boxes of Townhouse crackers
2 Glade room sprays
3 Glade Scented Oil candle holders
7 Glade Scented Oil candle refills
4 boxes whole wheat pasta
4 boxes whole wheat spaghetti
6 bottles of Oceanspray cranberry juice (assorted flavors)
2 cans Betty Crocker frosting
1 glucose monitor with a free A1C self-check test attached
7 flushable toddler wipes
3 baby wipes
2 bags of marshmallows
2 tubes of Cover Girl lipstick
5 baked goods (scones, brownies, garlic bread)

All of this came to a whopping total of $18.66!!!!!!!!!!

It was a little bit of work, but it was totally worth it! Thanks, Kendra for introducing me to this :)

Gina


She did such an amazing job. Yes, it does take a little time in the beginning in order to get started. But once you get everything up and running, it doesn't take much time at all to save lots of money.

My point is always this: It's your money. It's up to you how you spend it. You can save money on groceries with coupons and spend your money on other things that are important to you. Or you can spend more of your money each month on food. Your choice...but I choose to save. It works for me!

Do you have questions? Want to do what I do? Leave a comment on the blog or email me at kendralacrosse@verizon.net!

No comments:

Post a Comment