Friday, November 6, 2009

Frugal Friday...cheap napkins


Howdy all. Thought I'd highlight another way I try to be frugal around here.

Whenever there is a double coupon event at Kmart, I try to stock up on napkins and paper plates to use occasionally at home. But lately, we have run out of napkins and I just can't pay full price.

I looked around and realized that I have a ton of paper towels that I picked up for $0.25 or less. I decided to take the roll and cut it with a long knife and presto....napkins!!

A paper towel is too large by itself in my experience, so cutting them in half works for us!

For more frugal tips, check out fishmama!

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid, if we ran out of napkins my mom would cut paper towels in half. Never the entire roll at once, though. Just a sheet or two at a time.

    ReplyDelete