Friday, February 5, 2010

Frugal Friday Financial Update


It's a new month (a couple days late I admit) so it's time to take a look at how my month of January went for my family.

If you want to review my goals you can see them here.

A change I recently made was to return to my grocery budget back to $70 a week. I tried to decrease it last month and ended up over budget, not good. I will try to ease back towards that goal, but just not yet.

As you may recall, I also want to pay down my debt. We started January at having paid off 40% of all of our debt. I am happy to say that in January we were able to pay an additional 12% ! We have now paid off 52% of all of our consumer debt excluding our mortgage. Yippee!

We have lots more work to do on our debt, but first I need to get the taxes done so I can plan for replacing the roof in the spring.

How are you doing on your goals this year? Let us know so we can support each other.

Check out more frugal friday tips over at lifeasmom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment