Friday, February 12, 2010

Frugal Friday- leftover storage




I know I didn't invent this one, but I recently started re-using my glass jars to house leftovers. I don't know why I haven't done this before.

I know we are accustomed to using the plastic containers because they are easy to use. However, I am becoming more aware of unsafe plastics and the presence of BPA in food containers so I want to move away from the plastic.

I've been afraid of freezing in glass containers and I think that is what has held me back. But some simple research is all it took to convince me to change! However, I did freeze one jar which cracked and broke. I won't use them to freeze items, but they are perfect for fridge storage.

What an easy switch and a way to re-use the resources I have in the house. Simple, simple idea!

Check out more ideas at http://www.lifeasmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment